Deep inside the recesses of my polyester fibers I have a mind. You can’t see it or touch it but I know it’s in there somewhere. Sometimes there’s not much going on inside there, but sometimes there’s a lot! I should have some wisdom, I mean…at one time in my life I was a lowly stuffed bunny sitting on someone’s pillow collecting lint and dust and doing nothing. I turned all that around and look at me now: A bunny who has received two hand-written fan letters by real live mail! I can’t imagine my life any other way. And I also do yoga (we all know that yoga is supposed to make bunnies more wisdomly…..).
Here are my wisdomly tips:
- Try everything and anything especially if it’s easily undone or fixed back to the way it was. Take things out of their normal environment and bend the rules. Start with your immediate surroundings: move the furniture, take a photo and put it back. Do it again, not for any particular reason. Put yourself in a different environment, like funky coffee shop or foreign restaurant. Go to your nearest China Town; it’s always lively in any China Town.
- Smile a lot! Practice having a smile on your face when your doing your everyday stuff and see the difference it makes in the responses from those all around you. Yesterday I read a great post On Smiling. Check it out if you have the time.
- Think like they do in cartoons. Imagine stuff the way it would be in a cartoon, like how would I see the world if it were a cartoon? What would it look like if it were really raining cats and dogs. What if the guy at the grocery start singing about produce? What if people really started singing and dancing in the rain? Just thinking about things that way makes me laugh all the time.
- Have fun what ever you do, even if it’s mundane. Read the graffiti at the bus stop and try to figure out how someone got over there to write that and why? Draw bunny ears on your bills.
- Make lots of friends. Or even better, pretend like you already know everyone and just say “HI !!” to complete strangers walking by. Make eye contact and acknowledge your fellow earth-mates. So what if they don’t say hi back!
- Learn and read everything. For absolutely no reason go to the library or bookstore and take out a stack of books on a subject you wouldn’t normally read. Instead of watching television, spend the day reading about something new on the internet. You don’t need a reason to learn something new. A good starter site for learning new things is Open Culture. I love Open Culture and am totally addicted.
Most of all, have fun doing these things. There doesn’t have to be a reason for everything you do, just do it. There is never any reason on this earth to become bored with all the interesting things available at your fingertips.